Saturday, July 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Evan!!


Happy Birthday to my baby! I cannot believe he is three years old. We have had a really fun and eventful weekend. On Friday, we went to the zoo. They have a new dinosaur exhibit that is really cool. The dinosaurs all move and make noise, which scared Evan some, but he seemed to enjoy it still.


On Saturday morning, we went to the Science Center and played for about an hour.



Then home to nap and get ready for Evans Madagascar party.
All of our friends and family came and we had so much fun. We played a few games: Feed Gloria, which my sister did an amazing job creating this Gloria poster for the kids to throw bean bags through. I cannot believe how awesome and perfect it turned out-I love having an artist in the family! THANKS KIM!!


We also played Pin the Tail on Melman.


And finally the kids had to all go out and find the penguins who 'escaped from the zoo'. (They were actually gift bags that I hid around the play set)


We did cake and ice cream. I made the cake-Alex the lion from Madagascar.

And opened presents! Evan got so many cool gifts, he cannot decide which one to play with, so he keeps switching every 5 minutes! Thank you to everyone who came, you made Evan's party so fun!

Now I am exhausted and going to bed at 9:30pm!! I love you Evan-these have been the best 3 years of my life!!!

4 comments:

Michal Thompson said...

wow, that is an amazing party, how did you make that cake?

Kristen said...

I am so sad that I missed his party!!! I miss you guys so much! Maybe I'll call today!

Jackie your cake is AMAZING!!! Gloria is amazing too!

Anonymous said...

the party was really great! excellent job on the cake, it was your best yet!

The Passows said...

What a fun birthday party! It was a big success!! Fun games and the cake was amazing, I think you could make cakes professionally ;).